"thank you".... a daily ritual





If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, 
it will be enough.
-Meister Eckhart-
13th century

I want to say  "thank you"  for all of your wonderful calling cards that you left for us over the holidays!  Dan and I read every one (including all the emails) and were so greatly touched.  We loved reading about you, where you live and the tidbits about yourself.  It truly makes writing the blog feel so much more personal.  I appreciate your kind compliments and words beyond measure.  To have some of you tell me that I am an inspiration to you only fills me with inspiration, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

When I first heard the above quote many years ago it became my mantra. I firmly believe that being grateful for (even and especially)  the smallest of everyday things can change you and your life.  To express my feelings of gratitude I say "thank you" to the universe many times over the course of every day.
  Being grateful allows me to be focused on what I have as opposed to what I don't, or what I "think" I need or want. I believe that whatever in life you chose to focus on you give power to, so if you focus on lack and not having enough you will get lack back, but if you focus on the smallest little moments and wonders in a regular day and are grateful for them you will get more of that simple abundance and as such a simply abundant life!





Whether I am home alone, it's me and Dan, or we're having friends over I light candles around the house almost every night- always on the kitchen island and the barn room, and other rooms/places on occasion.  On dark days I light candles during the day sometimes too.  It is a daily ritual that makes the rooms of the house sparkle and come to life with the flicker of magic that is unique only to real candlelight.
When lighting the candles I always pause and try to be very present in that one moment as the wick catches the flame and I say "thank you," either silently or out-loud.
It is my prayer of thanks for all that I am grateful for.























\















I have so very much to be thankful for and that includes you for being here and being interested in all that I write about for the love of our house.
Thank you so much.
xxojoan













Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website
Copyright © 2011. Lorikoop | Home Design - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating WebsitePublished by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger