the farmhouse in snow... lots of snow


Hello and welcome back.  
I want to thank  you ALL once again for the love, support, prayers, comments and emails you have sent to me, Dan and Ella in the unexpected loss of sweet Amelia.  We are slowly healing and have felt the undeniable comfort of the power of prayer by having so many people say a prayer for Amelia and for us.  Every night when I light candles around the house I say a prayer of gratitude for you... each and every one of you.  Words can not express the depth of my gratitude and appreciation for all of the love you have sent to us.
From my heart I thank you.


I felt it was time to start blogging again and I have been asked by quite a few people (especially those of you in the south;) to show the farmhouse in all the snow we've gotten this winter- and it has been a lot!  Some of the photos need an extra foot or more to depict the true height of the snow, but every time I would take photos for you I couldn't imagine that we'd get even more snow on top of what we already had! (I think that is called "survivalist thinking" :)   We heard on the news several weeks ago that this is the third snowiest winter in New Hampshire on record.  Considering that we landed in New Hampshire smack in the middle of the second snowiest winter on record back in 2008 we feel we have definitely earned our "New England winter survival" scout badge!

I once wrote on the blog, years ago, regarding living through the snowy winter in New Hampshire...
"It is absolutely beautiful, but what truly surprises, delights and amazes me on a daily basis is how natural this winterscape is to the soul of this born-and-raised Texan."
I feel sooooo grateful that I still feel this way.  While it has been a long, snowy winter (even as I type this post- with feet of snow still on the ground and a snowstorm blowing outside:) I have loved every second of it.  Winter in New England is magical to me.  Yes, I'm sure in a month I will be antsy for spring to arrive in May, but it "is" winter here and it is beautiful and I am embracing it.  That's why we moved here to experience all four seasons fully and.... we are!

So, take a look around and see how pretty the farmhouse looks in all this snow!






The stone beehives at the entrance buried in snow.









The snow came up to the top of the porch steps after this snow storm.




Ella loves the snow!




The south french door in the barn room.  Needless to say we weren't using this door;)




The snow up against the north french door in the barn room.




The "snow trail" out the front door.

\


We have amazing sunsets all year, but they are especially beautiful set against the snow.




The cutting garden.








The terrace off the barn room.








Note the footprints in the snow on the gravel drive to see the depth of the snowfall after the tractor has scooped away the snow.








Sweet Ella ready for a walk wearing her sassy coat and her protective Pawz boots to keep the road sand, salt and cold snow off her little feet!


Warmest regards, 
xxojoan




























Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website
Copyright © 2011. Lorikoop | Home Design - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating WebsitePublished by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger